We are seeking volunteers to generously devote time to brighten and enrich the lives of our residents.
We really appreciate our volunteers who come in and spend time with our residents. If you have the following attributes, you have just what is needed to become a volunteer:
- Friendly, caring and a good listener
- Eager to learn and comfortable with elderly people
- Respectful of differences between people
- Can be confidential and protect others’ privacy
- Ability to build on your own strengths
Some ideas for ways you can help out as a volunteer include:
- Group activities such as bingo and quizzes
- Arts and crafts
- Special events, decorations, food and room set up
- Music and sing-a-longs
- Helping out, cleaning, sorting, sewing, mending for residents in their rooms
- Run church services
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Newspaper and book reading
- Playing cards and games
- Short walks
- Gardening with residents
- Visiting with pets
- Attending bus outings
Very often, volunteers experience the following benefits from volunteering:
- Higher levels of wellbeing
- Greater life satisfaction
- Increased social contact
- Better health
Many of our volunteer activities require no formal qualifications and we can match you to tasks according to your preferences, talents, skills and interests.
How can you become a volunteer?
We would like to talk to you more about volunteering opportunities, so please contact your local aged care residence. You can Find a Residence here.